Latest news

Tuesday 10 September 2013

Hyderabadi girls keeping their boyfriends in dark

While their parents are in the know, an increasing number of city girls are keeping their boyfriends in the dark about going clubbing with friends.

Remember the time when you'd lie at home to go partying and then sneak back into your room, while everyone at home was busy snoring? And while at the party, you'd request the present photographers not to take your pictures because, "Mummy ko nahi pata". Well, if you are smiling while reading this and getting nostalgic, chances are, you haven't been to the party scene of late. These days, apne Hyderabadi girls are bindaas when it comes to letting their hair down, and are also keeping their parents in the loop. But wait! There is still one person who is kept in the dark about our party ladies' clubbing rendezvous — the boyfriend! With boyfriends and partners turning extra possessive and sometimes, even borderline creepy, the pretty ladies have begun to decline the Page 3 shutterbugs, for fear of being 'caught' by their paramours.

And the trademark statement doing the rounds in city nightclubs these days is, "Please don't click my pictures. My boyfriend doesn't know I'm clubbing. Pleaseeee!" From smartly doling out bahanas to their chipkoo boyfriends and giving cute chakmas, which they claim is completely unintentional, PYTs reveal why they aren't camera friendly anymore.

Because BFs are super possessive

A lot of young women in the city claim that their boyfriends have become over-possessive. From not wanting them to wear sexy outfits, to restricting their access to the dance floor, the men lay down way too many rules when it comes to a night out. And in a bid to break free from such restrictions, the ladies resort to lying! "My boyfriend is extremely possessive. So one night, I lied to him about being at a gal pal's house for a pyjama party, while in fact, I was out clubbing," admits Tania, a corporate employee. But the 'secret night out' did not end up being fun, because, "I was so busy enjoying myself at the club that I posed for one of the shutterbug. A day later, my pictures were splashed across two dailies, and my boyfriend got to know the truth. I missed 58 of his calls, as I was busy thinking of an excuse. As expected, there was a huge fight and I eventually ended up having a hard time convincing him to forgive me. I learnt a big lesson that day and ever since, every time I go partying, I refuse to get clicked," says Tania.

Coz' BFs are way too filmi

Blame it on growing up on a steady dose of Bollywood films, but our PYTs say that their boyfriends have turned into sappy, cheesy 'Rahuls and Rajs of Bollywood'. "I'm just 20-years-old and I think at this age, it's fine to go out and have some fun. But my boyfriend rants on about saat janmo ka saath, pavitra rishta and stuff like that! He expects me to not go clubbing with friends and instead, stay at home. This is way too filmi for a 20-year-old! That's why I lie when I go out with my friends," explains Lipi Suresh*, a pharmaceutical student.

Coz' BFs dole out too much gyan

When you have Mummy and Daddy giving you gyan every morning or evening, you definitely don't need the same from your boyfriends. So, it's a complete turn off when boyfriends, over a period of time, turn into your parents! Rebaica Safiya, a student, says, "I know a few over-protective boyfriends. So, I won't be surprised if their girls lie to them and go clubbing. We usually tell our parents everything because right now, with the whole scenario of us not being safe, they need to know where we are. But if we tell our boyfriends, they begin a proper interrogation and hit us with a barrage of questions like, 'Where are you going? Who are you going with? Who are the guys going with you?' and so on — it's like they've turned into our parents! In fact, parents are a lot cooler than boyfriends these days."

Coz' BFs want 'good girls'

Now, how many times have you heard the sentence, 'achchi ladkiyan clubs nahi jaati', from the nosy neighbourhood aunty? Most city guys, claim young girls, want their girlfriends to not go clubbing in case their 'image' takes a beating. "My ex-boyfriend had this mindset that girls who like partying are not worth taking home to mom! How sexist and patriarchal is that?" asks Neha Kumar*, a final year Psychology student. "If I party and you term me as a 'bad girl', you don't deserve to be my boyfriend. But many girls stick to such men and then lie to them before going clubbing. But since everyone knows everyone in the Hyderabad party circuit, your secret will be out soon," reveals Neha.

COZ' girls just wanna have fun

The concept of guys spending a fun night out in town with their buddies is acceptable to most city boys. But when it comes to their girlfriends spending time with their friends, alarm bells begin to ring. "Guys don't understand that just like them, we too need some well-deserved 'me' time. When it's just our girls' night out at the club, we can dance, have fun and casually flirt with cute guys. But with our boyfriends constantly keeping a hawk-eye watch on us, we can't do all of that!" says Malliha Fatima, an undergraduate student. Marika Gabriel, student, echoes a similar sentiment, saying, "Guys have now become 'possessive girlfriends'. With the possessiveness and the continuous calling and finding out where we are and what we are doing, they don't understand that we need space too."
 http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/relationships/man-woman/Hyderabadi-girls-keeping-their-boyfriends-in-dark/articleshow/22070285.cms?intenttarget=no 

No comments:

Post a Comment