Latest news

Monday 29 July 2013

Marathi actor Smitha Gondkar files a case against husband

Marathi actor Smitha Gondkar files a case against husband

Marathi actor SmithaGondkar is fighting a legal battle against her husband, a corporator based in Mumbai. Smitha, who has films like 'MumbaichaDabewala', 'Satya-More Than Human' and 'Hip Hip Hurrah' to her credit reveals that she has been subjected to emotional trauma for some time now.

"I have been going through terrible times for more than a year now. I was shocked when I received a call from a woman claiming to be the first wife of my husband
SiddharthBanthiya. I was scared of the humiliation I would have to suffer if I spoke out. I was scared of upsetting my professional career as well." Smitha says that she finally mustered up courage and decided to fight through this "injustice". "Siddharth has fooled me and I don't want others to face what I have been subjected to," she said.

The actress has filed a case against her husband in the women's grievance redressal cell accusing him of bigamy. Smitha says that the emotional upheaval has taken a toll on her career. "I have been lucky to have supportive parents. I am trying to focus on my work. I will be married only to work now," she adds confirming that she has some projects lined up.

However, when TOI contacted Siddharth, he claimed he was never married to Smitha. "We were close but were never married. She also wants annulment of marriage but there are no documents to prove that we were married. She is harassing me for money and wants an out of court settlement." Smitha says she will continue to fight her case in court because "no money can bring my self respect and image back." 
 http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/marathi/news-interviews/Marathi-actor-Smitha-Gondkar-files-a-case-against-husband/articleshow/20859560.cms 

No comments:

Post a Comment